Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pablo Cheesecake – A Year in Review – Part 3

Finally I have some time to sit down and finish my review of the stuff I’ve enjoyed this year.

TV

What’s caught my eye on the goggle box in the last twelve months. Well Being Human was fantastic. I loved to see new genre TV being successful. Set in Bristol as well, who’d of thunk it? New series in the new year!

Torchwood : Children of Earth was pretty good as well. Changing the format from weekly to over just one week was an interesting move.

Stargate Universe is still a bit of an unknown quantity. Much like the other Stargate spinoff Atlantis I think this needs a bit of time to get into it’s groove. Atlantis got there and I am sure Universe will too.

Sanctuary continues to provide fun stories. I think this show has unlimited potential. It’s a  damn shame it is relegated to ITV4 in the UK though. TV execs can be fucking dumb sometimes.

Smallville continues to be the sci-fi equivalent of a cockroach. Personally I think I would like to see a big finish and then we can all move on.

Lost slowly but surely drags itself toward some sort of conclusion. I’ll be buggered if I know what it is though. Yet still I watch...

So there you have it. My mini review of the year. I think I will soon write up my thoughts about what’s due in 2010.

Until that time have a good Xmas and a happy New Year. I’ll be back soon for more online nonsense.
Later

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: